Very little interesting to comment on at all. I've received a request to allow "The Glitter of Metal" to be translated into Polish for publication in a fanzine there, which is rather flattering. Oddly enough, I've also recently received a minor flurry of reviews from HASA, my web site, and ff.net, all on VERY old stories. Maybe the Silmfics Powers-that-Be are trying to tempt Maedhros out of hiding, so he'll start talking to my muse and I will be able to finish that long-dormant Alqualonde story. Here's hoping he'll give in and start cooperating again!
Work is work, and utterly dull. Life outside of work is not much better. I may invite my fellow pathologists over to Himring this weekend for a combined Mars-viewing/showing off the house evening. Need to remember to say something about this at tomorrow's morning meeting. My recent trip with
merrymaia to the zoo, combined with the knowledge that most of the crowds will be gone now that the school season is back underway, is tempting me to go visit it again this weekend. Maybe I'll can use that as motivation to go furniture shopping - go look at couches, then visit the zoo again.
Tonight, though, I'm going to spend in Gondolin. I'm vastly amused by the current rumor-mongering of Rog, and also am greatly enjoying Ecthelion's dicey conversation with Meleth. And I suspect Maeglin's going to find his day rapidly going from bad to worse, as it sounds like Idril's going to be "chatting" with him again once he finishes his conversation with Salgant, and neither of those conversations is likely to be pleasant. I almost feel sorry for him - but he DID bring the whole mess on himself in the end! At least Tuor isn't clamoring to speak with him, so I'll tell Mole-boy he really can't complain. Yet.
Work is work, and utterly dull. Life outside of work is not much better. I may invite my fellow pathologists over to Himring this weekend for a combined Mars-viewing/showing off the house evening. Need to remember to say something about this at tomorrow's morning meeting. My recent trip with
Tonight, though, I'm going to spend in Gondolin. I'm vastly amused by the current rumor-mongering of Rog, and also am greatly enjoying Ecthelion's dicey conversation with Meleth. And I suspect Maeglin's going to find his day rapidly going from bad to worse, as it sounds like Idril's going to be "chatting" with him again once he finishes his conversation with Salgant, and neither of those conversations is likely to be pleasant. I almost feel sorry for him - but he DID bring the whole mess on himself in the end! At least Tuor isn't clamoring to speak with him, so I'll tell Mole-boy he really can't complain. Yet.
no subject
Date: 2003-09-04 09:05 pm (UTC)Ooo... and attention to old Maedhros stories, huh? Well, then, that and the slowing of Gondolin should definitely be incentive to write more on him. After all, you are his biographer!
*smirk* Oh, Mole-boy's day is definitely going from bad to worse.... >:)
no subject
Date: 2003-09-04 10:36 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2003-09-04 10:45 pm (UTC)Inferiority complex is one thing. We all have that to some degree. But the rest of it is another matter completely. He needs someone to help him with those issues...
no subject
Date: 2003-09-04 11:14 pm (UTC)Waht earlier power plays? The way Maeglin sees it, it was Ecthelion and Rog who were making the power plays, by interfering in a matter that lay within Maeglin's legitimate area of authority. He was just defending his position as Lord of Moles! He wouldn't tell Ecthelion who to assign to Gate duty, or Rog who should work on crafting Egalmoth's statue; why should Ecthelion and Rog meddle in the mining assignments?
He needs someone to help him with those issues...
No kidding! The problem is getting Maeglin to admit to himself that he HAS problems he needs help dealing with, and getting him to trust someone else enough to be willing to open up to them and talk about how he feels.
no subject
Date: 2003-09-04 11:35 pm (UTC)Gee, if he only used Moles, there'd be no issue. I look forward to taking him down like a little guy. Arrogant little prick. Reminds me of premeds. :b
getting him to trust someone else enough to be willing to open up to them and talk about how he feels.
Hahahahaha! Oh, Gondolin is doomed. :b
no subject
Date: 2003-09-05 01:28 am (UTC)That would be my guess as well. (Yes, this is a hint.) And wouldn't it brighten up your life if he did?!?
no subject
Date: 2003-09-05 07:32 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2003-09-05 03:04 am (UTC)As for Idril talking to Maeglin, it might not be as unpleasant as he fears. Idril is fully aware of her cousin's problems and how he got them, and does feel a bit sorry for him. Now, anyway.
no subject
Date: 2003-09-05 07:38 am (UTC)That's sweet of him - but I really would have preferred it if he'd exerted himself and fixed the house problems himself instead! It's HIS fortress, after all!
Idril is fully aware of her cousin's problems and how he got them, and does feel a bit sorry for him. Now, anyway.
Why do I have the feeling it's a good thing you added that qualifier? ;-) Anyway, I'm looking forward to the chat when it happens.
no subject
Date: 2003-09-05 04:54 pm (UTC)True, Himring is Maedhros' fortress, and I'm frankly at a loss as to why he didn't help with the problems unless he's been spending too much time at Lipstick's place with Maeglin.
no subject
Date: 2003-09-07 02:40 pm (UTC)Cool! Congratulations!!
Maybe the Silmfics Powers-that-Be are trying to tempt Maedhros out of hiding, so he'll start talking to my muse and I will be able to finish that long-dormant Alqualonde story. Here's hoping he'll give in and start cooperating again!
You can tell him that if he doesn't start cooperating soon, your beta reader is going to be EXTREMELY annoyed! ;-)
My recent trip with userinfomerrymaia to the zoo, combined with the knowledge that most of the crowds will be gone now that the school season is back underway, is tempting me to go visit it again this weekend. Maybe I'll can use that as motivation to go furniture shopping - go look at couches, then visit the zoo again.
Did you go furniture shopping? Did you get anything? And did you go to the zoo? How was it? (I hope you said hello to the Macaws - and penguins and cranes and otters and everyone else - for me! :-)
no subject
Date: 2003-09-07 04:38 pm (UTC)Heck, I'M extremely annoyed already. He doesn't seem to care, though. I hate it when he gets into this sulking sort of mood; it's most unbecoming. Maybe I should tell him he's disgracing his mothername when he acts like this?
Did you go furniture shopping? Did you get anything? And did you go to the zoo? How was it? (I hope you said hello to the Macaws - and penguins and cranes and otters and everyone else - for me! :-)
I was bad, and didn't go furniture shopping (slept in on Saturday instead, then went in to work). But I did make it to the zoo!