ithilwen: (Default)
[personal profile] ithilwen
Mole-boy has told me that he's glad he's finished tidying up his Gondolin RPG journal, because he's in a hurry to catch a ship to Iceland to see the volcano erupt. He figures Lord Aule might appreciate a hand with the pyrotechnics.

I've told him that sounds like a very, very bad idea, but do you think he's listening? HAH! Brace yourselves for a Mole invasion, Vikings!

(That thing is sure creating a mess with air travel, but what fantastic photos! Yes, I know it's not an even trade, but how many natural disasters are both so picturesque and so (relatively) harmless as this one has been?)

Date: 2010-04-18 11:14 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aria-elwen.livejournal.com
Least if Mole-Boy comes over we'll have someone to blame it on. ;)
Big problem with it over here is that all of Western Europe has had to close their air spaces. Over 67,000 flights have been grounded so far and the ash is not pretty. My brother's car is currently caked in it. :s
We also don't know when it's going to stop exploding since I think the last time it erupted it went on for six months. :/
It might be relatively harmless at the minute but economically it could cripple a good part of the EU. Although the buses, trains and ferries are currently enjoying good business.
(It also made my eyes itch when I was Birmingham! Blech!) I'll be honest I'll be glad when it's over; fascinating though it is.

Date: 2010-04-19 02:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sharp-glance.livejournal.com
Right. Blame me for everything. Even if it was Lord Mahal himself who decided to set off the fireworks. I can see now that even after I do get out of the Halls of Waiting, nothing much is going to have changed. ;_;

Date: 2010-04-19 02:28 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ithilwen.livejournal.com
Yeah, if this thing decides it's going to go off for 6 months straight, there's going to be trouble. But there's nothing any of us can do about it, except try to adapt. Trans-oceanic sailing trips might become popular again (along with videoconferencing).

Date: 2010-04-25 05:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jilba.livejournal.com
Personally, I think it would a great holiday for Maeglin. I'm just not sure an already compromised international air travel system will cope with a Prince of Elder and his demands.

Date: 2010-04-25 05:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ithilwen.livejournal.com
Maeglin says he makes no unreasonable demands. It's perfectly fitting for a Prince of the line of Finwe to travel by a private Boeing 777. And the rest of those lowly mortals can just shut up and wait on his pleasure; nothing a Mortal could need can possibly be worth discomfiting one of the Eldar over!

Date: 2010-04-25 10:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jilba.livejournal.com
Hhm, yes Maeglin. And Idril can be the stewardess, in high heels and a short skirt too!

I can actually picture this, a bit scary, isn't it?

Date: 2010-04-26 01:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ithilwen.livejournal.com
Not to Maeglin! ;-)

Date: 2010-04-26 02:44 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jilba.livejournal.com
No, but it is to the rest of the world!

Profile

ithilwen: (Default)
Ithilwen

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
131415161718 19
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:13 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios