ithilwen: (Maeglin feeling defensive)
[personal profile] ithilwen
Number seven in the series.

Thoughts in Mandos – Pride

"How did your pride come to mean so much to you?"

What else did I have to cover my nakedness, dear heart? Would you have had me walk through the streets of Gondolin unclad, exposing my terrible inner flaws for all the world to see and mock?

Pride is shame's cloak.

Perhaps, though, when I am finished here I will have less need for such a garment.

Date: 2010-05-14 03:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] anna-wing.livejournal.com
I quite agree, dear boy. Good humour and civility are much better masks.

Date: 2010-05-14 01:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sharp-glance.livejournal.com
I think now that Ecthelion might have been trying to teach me that. But when it comes to personal relationships, I proved a poor student.

Profile

ithilwen: (Default)
Ithilwen

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
131415161718 19
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:14 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios