ithilwen: (Default)
[personal profile] ithilwen
The landscaper underestimated the time it was going to take him to complete this project; the area under the deck (including the pond) and one of the three raised beds still need to be completed. No fish for a while yet. :( The good news, though is that that is all there is left to do (at least for the landscaper; the fencing company still has to finish the fence as well). And with two of the raised beds completed, I can now plant my vegetable garden!

Tomorrow is shaping up to be the Day of the Errands: groceries, the nursery for mulch and various other plant-related goodies, then Home Depot or Lowe's for assorted hardware-type odds and ends. I'll probably work on the new vegetable garden on Sunday, and also clean the house, then spend Monday lazing about (and if the weather's nice, grilling!). I'd like to see if I can squeeze in a movie or two, as well.

And of course, I plan on spending more time in Gondolin as well. Although with so many people away at the moment, the Midsummer Festival may turn out to be more muted than I anticipated. Sigh. Stupid Real Life, distracting my players from gaming! ;-)

Date: 2004-05-28 07:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tinni.livejournal.com
That's right! It's summer over there. It's winter down here in oz and all I want to do is curl up under the quilt and sleep. No chance of that of course. House work awaits.

Date: 2004-05-29 03:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ithilwen.livejournal.com
The neat thing about LJ is you can temporarily escape whatever unbearable weather your own season is bringing by reading other people's entries about the unbearable weather they're having in a completely opposite season.

Date: 2004-05-28 10:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tehta.livejournal.com
I wish Pengolodh were the type to liven up a party, I really do. I'll send him along to stand around being awkward and see if anything develops.

Date: 2004-05-29 03:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ithilwen.livejournal.com
Something will develop - something always does!

Date: 2004-05-28 11:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murasaki99.livejournal.com
Hooray on the garden! Go tomatoes! I did the shopping today, now I'm running laundry. Ever think how much easier life would be with a staff? Maid, butler, cook, groom... :-D

Date: 2004-05-29 03:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ithilwen.livejournal.com
Well I've got a gardener (or at least a lawn service), but the interior stuff is still up to me. I'm too nervous about letting people enter my house to hire a housekeeper - but the thought of never having to vacuum or dust again is SO tempting. :)

Today was my grocery extravaganza day; laundry's on for tomorrow evening. Somehow I thought adulthood was supposed to be more exciting than this...

Date: 2004-05-30 04:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murasaki99.livejournal.com
I think they sold us a bill of goods about adulthood being exciting. Yeah, I've been told hiring a maid to help would be good, but first I have to get my house orderly enough to let a maid in the door! We're making progress, so if I keep on each weekend I should have the place where I won't feel embarassed letting visitors in.

Date: 2004-05-30 06:46 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ithilwen.livejournal.com
Well, adulthood IS exciting in a way. It's just that when we were kids, dealing with home improvement disasters, job stresses, sudden health crises, etc., wasn't what we had in mind when we thought about how "exciting" adulthood would be!

I know just how you feel about your house - I'd be ashamed to let anyone into mine at the moment, the floors are filthy. The lack of furniture is embarrassing, too. I think the term "home ownership" means the home owns you!

Date: 2004-05-30 08:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murasaki99.livejournal.com
Alas, that isn't the sort of 'exciting' I envisioned back when I was a kid wanting to be grown-up. The midnight pet emergencies, the medical scares, the roof leak, the sewer clogs... :-P

I think you're right about the 'home ownership' thing. Or perhaps it is more accurate to say that the bank owns us. My house is clean enough to let in friends. Just not a maid.

Date: 2004-05-29 09:06 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aria-elwen.livejournal.com
Well my four should be more active this week, (have half-term holidays, unfortunately with exams the week after) since no school. So expect Agladir and Maril to cause a fuss at one point (with Eglamoth attempting to ignore). While Lothi will gladly flirt with the entirety of the male population of the city. ;P

Date: 2004-05-29 03:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ithilwen.livejournal.com
Oh, I figure by the end of next week when everyone's pretty much finished up with school, Gondolin will start hopping again. Stupid exams, getting in the way of serious playing! ;-)

Date: 2004-05-29 04:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aria-elwen.livejournal.com
I figure by the end of next week when everyone's pretty much finished up with school, Gondolin will start hopping again.

I wish my school would end then *sigh* stupid British system *grumbles* We don't finish properly until the end of July, no fair. Thankfully have study leave -with no exams during 1 week of it, yay-

Stupid exams, getting in the way of serious playing! ;-)

Exactly! Should start a petition, have an exam on an rpg. Any rpg of your choice, that would get around both. :p

Date: 2004-05-29 09:16 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jilba.livejournal.com
Well, I think Argon's about to liven up Gondolin. Perhaps he and Maeglin can form a society for disaffected people who think they should be Turgon's heir and plot against Idril!

Those who can play will try to make up for the lack of others.

Have fun planting the vegies!

Profile

ithilwen: (Default)
Ithilwen

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
131415161718 19
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:14 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios